Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day Baking!

There's nothing like a record breaking blizzard to bring out your inner Betty Crocker.  While over a foot of snow fell on top of the foot and a half from last week, I was toasty warm inside, trying out some gluten free recipes.

One of the foods I miss most since I've been GF is soft pretzels.  (I live near Philly, after all.)  I just received an e-cookbook from Jules, she of the awesome Jules All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour mix, and she had a recipe for soft pretzels, which was also featured on About.com.  Just the thing for a snow day.

Step-by-step, here's what we did...
1.  the yeast, water and sugar are proofing..

2.  the dough, after mixing in the stand mixer...









3.  rolling out the dough "snakes"...









4.  brushing oil on the pretzels...

5.  after the baking soda bath...










Finished product!!!  It might not be pretty, but it sure was delicious!!!

No comments: