Sunday, April 18, 2010

Finally! A Visit (or two) to Uno Chicago Grill

I've been gluten free since 2002, and I'm embarrassed to say that up until a few weeks ago, I hadn't tried Uno Chicago Grill's GF menu.  Actually, the last time I was there, it was still called "Pizzeria Uno".  But recently, a bunch of us were stuck at Washington,  DC's Union Station for a couple of hours, and there just happened to be a Uno's there, which seemed to be the only restaurant in the station offering gluten free foods.  I was pleasantly surprised.  No - really, I was GIDDY!  There was pizza!  There was beer (Redbridge)!  There was dessert!  And while it wasn't the best pizza I've had since going GF, it was very good and it was so great to be able to sit down in a restaurant and order food like a normal person, without worrying about the "later".  (As in, "later, will I be spending the train ride in the bathroom?")


Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I went back a few days ago to a local Uno's.  And once again, I spent the night smiling.  Check out this gluten free menu.  You're going to be surprised at all the offerings.  Have fun!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I recently got the chance to finally try their pizza too (and review it on my blog). I was a little disappointed, because I loved their deep-dish pizza in my pre-gf days. But it's definitely a place I'll return to when I need a reliable meal.

Iris said...

I didn't know Uno's has a gluten free menu. Definitely good to know! I went to Pf Chang's for the first time this week and was so happy with my dinner there! I love that more restaurants are coming out with gluten free meals. Makes things much easier for us!