Recently, DD and I were craving something sweet. But she can't have sugar and I can't have gluten...what are 2 girls with needy sweet-tooths (sweet-teeth?) to do? If you're my DD, you come up with your own recipe!
Lizzie’s GF-SF Carrot Cake
- 3 cups Jules’gf flour
- 1¾ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 3 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts
To make cake:
- In a large mixer bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, agave and oil.
- Mix carrots, raisins and walnuts into wet ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- Place batter into 2 well greased, 9 inch round or square cake pans. (Batter will be thick.)
- Bake at 325° F for 35 minutes, checking frequently. (For some reason, ours cooks in 20 minutes!) Cake is done when pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pans on rack, then remove from pans and cool completely on rack.
- Ice with Cream Cheese Icing (below)
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 8 oz. brick of cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1 c. Splenda for baking
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Cream together cream cheese and Splenda; when smooth, add vanilla. If it’s too stiff, add milk, 1 tsp. at a time.