Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pinterest is a Great Source for Gluten-Free Info



You know Pinterest, right?  That uber-addictive site where users can find and share inspiration, via "pins" or photos of items or ideas, displaying them on "boards," much like the now-archaic bulletin boards.  (If you've never heard of Pinterest, I'm sorry.  You may go back to underneath your rock and I promise to leave you alone.)  Pinterest has become so widely used that now you can type just about anything into its search box and find corresponding pins.  In fact, I just searched "Food Tattoo" and I got to 200 pins and stopped counting. 


Many people use Pinterest to share decorating ideas, wedding images, vacation destinations and more, but it has become a treasure trove of great recipes, especially specialty recipes, like sugar-free, vegan and, of course, gluten-free.  I've made many dishes whose recipes came from Pinterest and many of my favorite GF authors and bloggers have Pinterest accounts.  Check out Gluten-Free on a Shoestring, with its budget friendly GF dishes and fun copycat recipes; find great GF foods among Budget Savvy Diva's money-saving tips and advice; Glutenista Gluten-Free has recipes, tips and tricks and on Gluten Free Works, you'll find more recipes than you can possibly make and eat in your lifetime.  Easy Eats, a cool online GF magazine, has a ton of up-to-the minute gluten-free and Celiac Disease information and recipes.  The photos alone will blow you away!  (Just look at that cupcake, below!)
Devil's Food Cupcake by Easy Eats
If you want to see who I'm following, check me out.  I promise to follow back! :)

No comments: