Thursday, September 12, 2013

Happy Celiac Awareness Day! Have some Zucchini Bread.

I was going to write an informational post about Celiac disease for Celiac Awareness Day (which is September 13th), but my good buddy Jules, of Jules Gluten Free explains it better than anyone on her blog, Jules Speaks, so just go there. Really. I'll bet you'll learn more in just a few minutes than you have from some of your doctors! (Including what this guy has to do with Celiac disease...)
Dr. Samuel Gee 13 September 1839-3 August 1911


But since I'd be doing a disservice to my fellow Celiacs by just cheating and posting a link to someone else's blog, how about a recipe? Okay, so maybe it is another blogger's recipe, but still...my friend Nicole has written three great gluten-free cookbooks and has a super cool site, Gluten Free on a Shoestring. Her Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is yummy; truly a delicious way to use up some of summer's bounty. (Nicole is the reason I have bags of shredded zucchini stuffed in my freezer.) It's called bread, but you'll say cake. Or "Mmmm." Or both.

www.glutenfreeonashoestring.com
 Gluten Free on a Shoestring's Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
by Nicole Hunn

Be sure to check out all the recipes on the site. You'll find great tips and different options there. -trish



No comments: