Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Gluten Free Thanksgiving!

This is the time of the year when we stop and think about those things for which we are  grateful.  And yes, I’m so thankful for my family, my home, my job and my friends, and I will be sure to say that at Thanksgiving dinner.  But there are some other things I’m thankful for that I want to share with you.  Jump in if you feel moved!

I am grateful:
  • That Philadelphia brand Tastykake put out two types of chocolate chip cookies that you can buy right in the grocery store (if you live in the area.)
  • For Jules Shepard of Jules Gluten Free Flour for adding certified GF oats to her product line-up.  Along with the flour, bread mix, cookie mix and grahams mix, now there’s nothing we can’t bake safely and yummily.  (Is that a word?  It is now!)
  • That the FDA is finally taking us seriously and is imposing strict rules for labeling GF products.
  • To Kellogg’s for launching gluten-free Rice Krispies which, while not quite as good as the original, are still “Snap, Crackle, Pop –Delicious!”
  •  That the NFCA (National Foundation for Celiac Awareness) exists.  What an awesome source of support and information for celiacs. 
  • To be able to have PBJ again.  Therefore, I am so grateful to Udi’s and Rudi’s both, that they are putting amazing GF bread on our shelves.  
  • That Big Lots has made GF shopping a little bit cheaper. 
  • To all of the knowledgeable restaurant managers, chefs and waitstaff who really do try to learn what gluten is and how to avoid it.
  • For all of my readers and followers.  I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with delicious food, good health and lots of love! 

No comments: