Gluten-Free Stuffed Mushrooms
12 medium white mushrooms, cleaned
2 T. butter, margarine, olive oil (or a combo)
1/2 onion, chopped fine
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
2 T. fresh parsley, chopped fine or 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
Salt and pepper
2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pop the stems off the mushrooms. Cut off the very bottoms of the stems, then finely chop the rest.
|Chopped mushroom stems, onions and garlic|
3. Arrange mushroom caps stem side up on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. (You can also line it with foil, then spray.)
|(these 'shrooms were huge, so I only used 6.)|
4. In a medium saute pan, heat butter, margarine or oil over medium heat about 1 - 2 minutes.
5. Saute onions, garlic and mushroom stems until onions begin to get translucent.
6. Add bread crumbs and parsley. Cook until bread crumbs are thoroughly moistened. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
7. When slightly cooled, add Parmesan cheese and mix well.
8. Fill each mushroom cap with mixture, packing firmly.
9. Bake for about 20 minutes until top begins to brown and mushrooms release a small amount of liquid.